The Administrative staff of the Jasper County Health Department oversee the day to day operations of the Department, providing support and guidance. In addition, Administration acts as the contact to other local agencies, state and federal offices and the media.
Board of Health
The Jasper County Board of Health determines policy for the Department, approves yearly budgets and budget changes, approves disbursement of funds, and acts as a liaison to the Jasper County Board.
In the State of Illinois, Boards of Health consist of members who live or work in the county. The composition of Boards of Health must include two physicians, a dentist, one county board member, one registered nurse and one member who is neither an employee or an employer of the department, and other members who are interested in the health of the community. The members of the Jasper County Board of Health currently are:
- Jeanine Johns, D.D.S., President
- Tom Clark, B.S., Vice President
- Robert Schafer, D.V.M., Treasurer
- Clara Short, Secretary
- Ryan L. Jennings, M.D.
- Brian Atwood, M.D.
- Mary Finley, R.N., B.S.N., M.B.A.
- Angela Fehrenbacher, Designated County Board Member
- Marcia Street, R.N., BSN
- Carlotta Barbee, R.N.
- Mike Hall
- Deborah Riddle, R.N., B.S.N., Administrator
The Administrator of the Jasper County Health Department is responsible to the Board of Health and the citizens of the county to provide necessary health services and work with others to determine unmet needs in the county and how they can best be addressed.
- Preparing budgets and funding proposals
- Providing support and guidance for the program directors
- Liaison with other local, state, and federal agencies as well as units of government
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Department
- Work with other agencies to secure funding to provide needed support and services for the residents of Jasper County
- Direct media operations
- Plans, organizes and directs work of professional, technical and clerical staff
- Establishes operational methods and procedures
- Assists in the development departmental policy
- Assists in the development and revises rules and regulations
- Interprets rules, regulations and policies
- Prepares necessary reports
- Directs the staff services of the Department
- Directs the Department personnel program
- Holds routine meetings with division heads
- Recommends staff additions or changes to the Jasper County Board of Health
- Employs, disciplines and terminates staff
- Recommends staff compensation to Jasper County Board of Health
- With Jasper County Board of Health approval, enters into contracts with local, state and federal agencies as well as other service providers
- Secures medical services
- Directs purchasing activities
- Directs procedural analysis, standards development, research, and planning for the Department