CLOSING DATE: Until Filled LOCATION: Jasper County Health Department
The Jasper County Health Department (JCHD) is hiring a Part-Time Contact Tracer to support JCHD to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in order to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
The Contact Tracer will work with patients to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the time-frame while they may have been infectious, then contact the individuals to let them know of their potential exposure. Contact Tracers will be trained by staff, and must comply with policies and procedures provided by PHI, and comply with Human Subjects training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in IDPH/JCHD training to learn procedures for contact tracing and scripts to follow.
• Call patients who have been newly diagnosed with COVID-19 to provide support and gather information.
• Help patients recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the time-frame while they may have been infectious.
• Call the contacts to discuss their potential exposure.
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Collect and record information on symptoms.
• Provide contacts with information about how to separate themselves from others who are not exposed, how to monitor themselves for illness, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to procedures or to a Resource Coordinator for additional resources.
• Call each person under active monitoring daily for 14 days to check that there is no onset of symptoms or follow-up on their health assessments if person is receiving the text surveys.
• Maintain contact with supervisor.
• Conduct other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma, College Degree Preferred.
• Medical background preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
• Ability to communicate verbally in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good critical thinking skills.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
• Proficiency with computer software.
• Candidates must own a dependable automobile and possess a valid driver’s license and insurance
Preference will be given to residents of Jasper County.
• This is a part-time position, funded by Grant Funding through May 31, 2021. All efforts will be made to extend position past that point, but will be based on funding availability.
• This position would need someone to be available to start immediately with various hours (daytime, evenings and weekends).
Jasper County Health Department
106 E. Edwards Street
Newton, Il 62448
@ www.jasperhealth.org or email @ email@example.com
This position is contingent upon continued grant funding
Addiction’s treatment counselor needed, full-time with benefits including health insurance and retirement. Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field with ICB Certification minimum. Master’s degree preferred. Provides diagnostic and outpatient treatment services and case management. Need positive attitude, good communication skills, and working knowledge of computer. This position has great benefits with a flexible schedule. Please send resume to Jeannie Johnson, Jasper County Health Department, 106 E. Edwards Street, Newton, IL 62448 or call 618-783-4154 for more information.